Sunday, February 26, 2012

Have Gambino's number on stand by ...

As you know ... I am addicted to Pinterest.  Which ... makes me think I can cook.  Which ... sometimes it seems like I am getting the hang of this whole boiling water thing.  And other times ... we are right back to dialing Gambino's number last minute because I screwed up dinner ... again.

Since the times that a meal actually TURNS OUT ...

AND ...

When at least 2 out of 3 of the Moore children like it ...

Are few and far from in between.

So when those golden moments happen ... it is a time to celebrate.

So I have decided to add some of the meals that turned out ...

AND ...

Only 1 out of 3 of my children pouted and begged for chicken nuggets.

CHICKEN ENCHILADA PASTA




2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded

1/2 tsp. salt

2 {10 oz.} cans green chili enchilada sauce

2/3 cups red enchilada sauce

1 {10 oz.} can of tomato sauce

2 cups shredded cheese {I used personally used cheddar}

1 cup sour cream

Penne pasta

Cook chicken, drain, and shred.

Meanwhile boil pasta according to package.
Add cooked chicken, tomato sauce & enchilada sauces.

Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.

Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through.

Now toss in the sour cream ...
Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.

Now comes the little bit of heaven.

Drain pasta & return to pot.  Pour sauce over pasta and mix well.

Serve and garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion or a dollop of sour cream.  Personally ... I just added a salt and pepper ... and did not add anything to the top of it.  It was so darn yummy!!!  The hubs loved it.  I loved it.  Oldest daughter loved it.  Second daughter asked for seconds.  Youngest ... well ... he pushed it around his plate until I finally put the plate in the dishwasher.


Please take a moment and vote for my blog.  I think after successfull cooking something ... and the smoke dector not going off ... I deserve a vote.  *smile*  Thanks pearls & handcuffs & happy hour for the yummy receipe idea.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I will def have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!