Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Crossed the line ...

Ok ... I have to get something out of my system.

As a parent ... it is MY job to protect MY children and keep them innocent as long as I possibly can.  It is my job to let my children think that the world is made up of crayons, chicken nuggets and M & M's. 

But anymore ...

TV is making it REALLY hard.

Shoot ... even the COMMERCIALS are getting farther and farther out there.

You NEVER heard the word butt or sex on TV when I was a kid ... and you FOR SURE never saw a girl in her bra. That stuff was a no-no ... on TV.  The most "sexual" thing on TV when I was growing up ... was Daisy Dukes ubber short shorts and the movie "Dirty Dancing".

Unless Nickelodeon is on ... I have to have the remote in my hand at all times when the kids are sitting in front of the TV.  I have to be basically on "standby" ... and ready to flip the darn TV off in 2.5 seconds ... if something "R-Rated" suddenly pops up.

TV shows and commercials have crossed the line ... in my opinion ... and they crossed it about 14 steps ago.

When is too much ... TOO MUCH?!?!?!?!

Remember to vote for my blog!  Pretty Please?!?!?!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!