Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another successful dinner ...

I am on a roll here people!!!

Chicken nuggets have not been served for 2 weeks now in our house.

I might ...

Just might ...

Be able to cook ...

Thanks to Pinterest.

We LOVE to eat calzones in our house. My oldest daughter would much rather us order calzones than pizza.

Oh my gosh, they are so delicious ... AND ... I just discovered they are so easy to make...seriously!!!  And if I say it is easy ... then you know it is the truth.

Yummy Calzones



All you need is some frozen bread dough, pepperoni, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.

Buy some frozen bread dough. They come in these "log" shapes ... in plastic bags ... sold in the freezer section for about $4.00. 

Loosely cover the frozen bread dough with plastic wrap.
 
Allow dough to rise over night.

FYI:  Spray the plastic wrap with cooking oil, or brush with cooking oil and lay it, oiled side down on the bread dough. This allows the bread dough to rise and move easily under the plastic wrap without it sticking or holding back the dough.  I learned this the hard way.

After the dough has rised ... roll each loaf out into an 11 x 11 square.

One bread loaf ... makes one calzone.

Lay pepperoni on dough covering entire surface.

Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.

Next ... sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Roll up dough starting at one edge of square.

Place rolls on baking sheet ... leaving space between.

Put a few slits on top of each calzone.
Bake it right away. It will rise up in the oven perfectly.

Bake at 375 ... for about 20 to 30 minutes.

This has been a repeat meal in our house for a month now.  My middle daughter especially loves it.  5 out of 5 Moore family members recommend this dinner at your table tomorrow evening.
Please take a moment to vote for my blog.
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!