Saturday, August 13, 2011

Party till the break of dawn ...

Clint and I did not have the kids last Friday evening.

I know!!!  RIGHT!!!

Two married adults ... all ALONE!!!

You can only imagine what all went on in this quiet house!!!

Well ... let me just stop you right there.

If you are thinking that we ran around naked ... had sex when we wanted ... and partied till the break of dawn ...

Then you are sadly mistaken.

Sadly. Mistaken.

It is official ...

Clint and I are boring ...

And lame ...

AND OLD!!!

SHOCKER HUH!?!?!  It really surprised us as well!!!  We still thought we were fun, cool and young.

Who would have thought?!?!?

Sure the hell not Clint nor I!!!

5:00 rolled around ... and Clint and I are sitting on the couch ... staring off into space.

Romantic ... I know!!!

Clint:  You wanna go out to eat at a restaurant tonight since we do not have the kids???

Me:  Not really.  I would rather save the money and buy a new outfit for myself.

*Clint flashed me a "what the hell" look*

*I flash a "Well ... you asked if that is what I wanted to do" look*

Clint:  I am gonna go take a nap.

Me:  NOW?!?!?

Clint: You said you did not wanna go out to eat.  What else are we suspose to do?!?!

Right about now is when MOST parents who are kid free would take advantage of an empty house and just "do it" on the kitchen table.

Not us.

We are lame.

I know.

*flash forward a whole whopping 20 minutes later*  Clint comes back down the stairs.*

Clint:  Wanna watch a movie?

Me:  As long as it is not some stupid gross violent movie.

*Clint flashes me a "great now I have to watch a stupid Life Time romanitc sappy movie" look*

*I flash him a "you got that right" look*

Right about now is when MOST parents who are kid free ... would turn off the tv ... and take advantage of an empty house and just "do it" on the stairs.

Not us.

We are boring.

I know.

*flash forward twenty minutes later because we can not agree on a movie to rent*

Clint: Wanna get drunk tonight?

Me: Ehhh ... alright.

*flash forward 2 hours later and a few stiff drinks later*

Clint and I are about to fall asleep on the couch while watching a re-run of Dog The Bounty Hunter on Bravo.

Right about now is when MOST parents who are kid free ... who have been drinking for a few hours ... would take advantage of an empty house and just "do it" in the in the shower.

Not us.

We are old.

I know.

I know I have been MIA for a few days now ... and have not been blogging.  If you only knew what all has been going on in my little chaotic world ... you would forgive me ... and still vote for my blog by clicking on the link below.  Peace Out Homies.
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

  1. So funny, my hubby and I just had this conversation/ scenario not long ago. He ended up falling asleep watching Criminal minds while I played on Facebook and caught up on some reading.
    We are old too.31 and 36. ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!