Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good Bye Black Friday ...

That's right ... Black Friday came in like a lion and out like a lamb.  Well ... alright ... that saying does not really apply to Black Friday.

But ... Black Friday is offically D.O.N.E.  All the "anticipation" on what is gonna be one sale ... the ba-ZILLION ad flyers that come in Thursday's paper ... the BlackFriday.com that sends you updates as stores post adds ... and yes ... even the IPhone App that could be downloaded to your phone just incase you needed some last minute help ... is O.V.E.R. 

*sigh of relief*

*anxiety level starting to go down*

Clint and I stuck to our "budget" ... for the most part.  Kind of.  Sort of.  We tried really hard.  Really we did!  I had a list!  I even carried the list with me the whole time.  THE WHOLE TIME!  I looked at it often.  I looked at it A WHOLE BUNCH!  But every darn time we went to go and pay ... the cashier was not telling us the dollar amount that I had "budget-ed" for those gifts.  So really ... it is the cashier's fault!  

Unfortunately ... the kids might possibly have to live off of mac-n-cheese for the next few weeks to cover the "oh crap we spent more than we planned to". 

Good thing is ... they like mac-n-cheese. 

Bad thing is ... I wanna gag every time I think of it.

*gag*

So ... basically ... if you call us living off of mac-n-cheese to "cover our asses" ... then we TOTALLY did our job as parents and stuck to the budget! 

*high five* to us being responsible parents in these hard economic times.

Merry Christmas children!

Good bye Black Friday ... see you again next year.  Well ... I will see you again.  I am not so sure Clinton is really a fan of you anymore.  Give him a few months to forget about the trama ... and he might have a change of heart in 365 day from now.  I would not hold my breath if I were you though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!