Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our mission is failing ...

Operation: Get the kids back on a night time schedule for school or they will literally fall asleep during school because somewhere along the way it was just easier to say "Fine" when they would ask 934764 times if they could "just stay up for just 5 more minutes" this past summer.... is not going over so well.

Nope.

Abort Mission!

I repeat!!!

Abort Mission!

Abandon Ship!

Wave the white flag!

We surrendor!

Awww SHIT!

Perhaps ... a spoon full of benadryl is in the near future for 3 little kids starting with a B, H and an E???

Would that take me out of the running for Mother of the Year Award?

Probably ...

So ... I guess the next best thing is that I will take a dose of benadryl and leave this never ending battle to Clint.  If I time it just right ... I can be sound alseep ... all cozy in my bed ... before Clint even knew what hit him.  Yep!  That is a perfect plan!  Plan B is ALWAYS the best way to go.

Best of Luck Clinton!  Here are a few things to remember when you go into battle tomorrow night:

1.  You are completely out numbered.

2.  They may be small ... but they are TRICKY!

3.  The "puppy dog eyes" will be used!  Harleigh is the one to watch out for this trick.

4.  Eythen WILL ... I repeat ... WILL try to pull the "but I am the baby of the family ... so you have to cuddle with me, love on me, feel sorry for me and give in to me" card.  And TRUST ME ... he is REALLY good at pulling this card anymore.  He has it down pat!!

5.  For some reason ... once you turn out the lights ... their throats get VERY DRY ... VERY OFTEN.  This means that they MUST get up and get a drink of water AT LEAST every five minutes ... or they might shrivel up.  Breeanna is the sly one with this trick.  She has taught the other two how to "sneak" down the stairs and "blend in" so no one sees them.

6.  Make them sign a contract that they agree to only ONE bedtime story.  If you do not get it in writing ... then it is fair game that you WILL have to read it NUMEROUS times!

7.If you plan on having them in bed by 8:30 ... forget it.  You are actually looking at closer to 9:30 by then.  By the time you get their rooms picked up, pj's on, teeth brushed, tucked in nice and tight, prayers said, tucked in nice and tight, good night kiss, tucked in nice and tight ... do not bother making a mad dash for the door.  You will have to lather, rinse and repeat ... tuck in nice and tight, say a prayer, tuck in nice and tight, good night kisses, tuck in nice and tight .

Oh yeah ... be sure they brush their teeth EVERY NIGHT ... and shower every now and then.

May the force be with you Clint.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!