Friday, August 13, 2010

To dunk or not to dunk ...

When you stay the night at Grammy J. and Papa Gene's house ... you get the chance to have a "bed time snack".

I would just like to state that my kids do not get to eat anything moments before they are going to bed at my house ... "just because they say they are hungry" or "they ask if they can have something to eat" or "just because they were so darn good today".  Nope.  Does not happen when Mommy and Daddy are on watch.  That is just a grandparent thing ... or so I have been told. 
I sure the heck do not remember getting to choose between cheese curls, cereal, cookies, chips, cheese and crackers or anything else, that once I have turned 30 I have to refrain myself from eating because it goes straight to my butt, ... when I was younger and living at home.

BUT ... I guess when you sit in a car ... and drive 2 long hours ... to "the middle of no where"  (aka: this is where Harleigh is CERTAIN my parents live) ... you get the privilage of eating food at odd hours of the day because you are cute, sweet, easy to love on and your names are Breeanna, Harleigh and Eythen.

Anywho ...

The last time we were down there ... Harleigh "picked" Oreos and milk "as her night time snack".

I noticed Harleigh was "dunking" her cookie ...

But ... the next time I looked over at her ... she was looking into the cup of milk.  Almost like she "dropped" something and was looking for it.  When I asked her what was she doing ... she said, "I am letting my cookies sit in the milk for awhile.  I got tired of dunking them.  I like them really soft ... so I just thought I would let them lay in my milk for awhile."


Uhhh ... Yeah ... not so sure that is the
smartest idea Harleigh has ever had.



Good luck getting that mushy-soft-pile of goo
out of your cup of milk, Harleigh Bug.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!