Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Poem for all the Mom's out there ...

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray my sanity to please keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.


I pray I find a little moment of quiet,
Far awat from the daily family riot.
May I lay back and not have to think
About what they're stuffing down the sink,


Or who they're with, or where they're at
And what they're doing to the cat.
I pray for some time all to myself
    ... did I just hear something fall off a shelf?


To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
    ... oh crap, is that another goldfish dead
Some silent moments for goodness sake
   ... did I seriously just hear a dish break?


And dream of the day I do not have to cook or clean
    ... well heck, a girl has got to dream
Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,


But as I look around I know,
I must have lost my mind a really long time ago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!