Friday, July 16, 2010

On today's "To-Do" list ...

What was on our agenda this Friday afternoon? I will give you a hint. 

We had 30 shriveled fingers, 30 shriveled toes, goggles, beach towels, water slide, lazy river, cannon balls, tan lines ... followed by popsicles melting faster than the kids could lick them.

You guessed it ... we spent the day at the pool ... again ... just like nearly every other day this summer ... unless we had something else going on.

One exception this afternoon though!  This time ... I got clobbered on the head.  Some little chump ... who was maybe pushing 3 years old jumped ontop of my head ... as I was walking by ... in the shallow"er" end of the pool. 

No kidding! 

Seriously! 

No joke! 

That kid must have had really hard head, too! 

After it happened ... I swear I was seeing stars.  

A part of me suddenly wanted to turn into a 3 year old myself.  I wanted to go and tattle to the lifeguard.  All the while I would be sobbing uncontrobaly to where the lifeguard would not have a clue what I was saying.  All they would be able to interpert would be me touching my head ...

*sobb*  *sobb*  *sobb*

While pointing to the little chump in the pool.

Rest assure though ... I held it together.

*owie* 

I have no idea who this kid belonged to ... but these parents either have a football star on their hands ... or a future jailbird. 

Either way ... I have a headache.

Oh yeah ... after my collision in the pool ... Harleigh came up to me and said, "I am sorry that boy landed on your head."

Haa Haa ... yeah ... me, too!

No to mention ... I am utterly and completely EXHAUSTED!  I am pretty darn sure that I took Eythen down the slide 99 times today.  My legs are exhausted from going up and down ... up and down ... up and down ... up and down ... up and down the stairs to the slide today. 

At least 73 times ... I told Eythen that this was the LAST TIME I was going down the slide. 

We would get to the top ... begin our "slide" down the waterslide ... Eythen would let out a "WEEEEEE" or a "YAHOOOOOO" or a "AHHHHHHH" ... followed by giggles and clutching onto my arms that were wrapped around his waist. 

Once we would hit the large "pool" of water at the end of the waterslide ... he would giggle and laugh and say how fast we went ... followed by ... "Can we go down just ONE more time?  PUH-LEEEEEEASE."  While having his little hands in the "begging position", jumping up and down, smiling from ear to ear batting his baby blues at me.  I mean ... come on!!!  How in the world is a Mom suspose to say "No" to that one?  So ... I would reply with ... "This is the LAST TIME I am going down the waterslide."

All in all ...

3 hours later ...

99 trips down the slide ...

3 boys following Breeanna around EVERYWHERE she went ...

30 wrinkled fingers ...

30 wrinkled toes ...

3 boys following Breeanna around EVERYWHERE she went ...

soaking wet beach towls ...

a float through the lazy river
   - with 3 kiddos attached like little leaches to my floatie ...

3 boys following Breeanna around EVERYWHERE she went ...

and about a ba-zillion "CANNON BALL" hollared at me
   - with me immediately having to wipe my face from the water that just got   splashed on me
   - to see who landed where and if I needed to go and save them from their "cannon ball" dive out in the deep end ...

3 boys following Breeanna around EVERYWHERE she went ...

We had a fan-flippin-tastic afternoon! 

Isn't that what summer's are all about? 

Although ... I could live without the part of 3 boys following Breeanna around EVERYWHERE she went. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!