Thursday, July 23, 2009

Uh - Oh ... the big 3 - 0 ...

August 5th, 2007

This past weekend I threw a big 3-0 party for my hubby! (he does not turn 30 actually until August 18th). What a time we had! It was SO much fun! Great friends, great times, and great beer! It was perfect!

My hubby and Todd smoked two big turkey's Friday night for people to eat on Saturday. The two of them stayed up till 2 am doing it, but I think Clint has found a new calling after his first attempt at smoking!!! YUMMY! After he crashed for the night . . . I snuck outside and hung a HUGE banner on the front of the house. I also put signs in Eudora announcing to everyone that Clint was 30! I had ordered a special cake and had 30 candles to top the cake off with (the kind that do not blow out no matter how hard you try ) lol!!! Of course I cooked tons of food and had special 30th birthday cups made for all the beer to go in! Then . . . the planner and "theme" person that I am . . . had matching plates, table decorations, napkins & personalized candy bar wrappers that matched the banners and cups!!! (love to throw a themed party!!! ) Although I think the keg was the main focus of the get together!!! lol

The keg was tapped at 3:30 and sure enough our first guest, Jenny, showed up right then! (It is like she knows when the keg is being tapped!!! . . . gotta love Jenny!) We had a great crowd show up. Some people came down clear from Texas and Illinois for the big event. We even had some Emporia friends make the drive!!

Even though it was hot as hell . . . the beer kept flowing, jokes were being told, friends kept coming & I was wasted by 7 . . . thanks Kasey for those mixed drinks!!! So do to the fact, that my hubby likes to remind me, nearly every day, that I am 30 . . .and he is not yet; I wanted to bring in his 30's with a bang. I hope you had a great time Clint! You are my everything! I love you with all my heart! You are my hero and you have my heart! Oh yeah . . . 30 is not so funny now that you are apart of the group, now is it Clint!!! Happy Birthday (a bit early)!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!