Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh No ...

Sunday, March 18, 2007 Oh NO!!! I knew it was bound to happen. I hoped and prayed that it would not, but knew it had to happen sooner or later. Clint go the flu. Oh yes, my man is sick. In my previous blogs, I stated that me and the kids had been hit with the throwing up flu and then two weeks later had the fever and headache flu. Some how, Some way, by Some chance Clint had missed it ALL. He even slept in the SAME bed as me!!! He did not sleep in the spare bedroom, he layed right next to me and did not get EITHER flu!!! But, he has been hit now. (ugh for him and double ugh for me . . . after all he is a man sick). I love my honey pie with all my heart, but is there really anything more pathetic than a man sick? I feel for him. I really do. There is nothing worse than throwing up with the chills. He took care of me while I was laying on the bathroom floor and did not have enough energy to get up to go back to the bed, and I wlll take care of him with his every need as well (with a smile on my face . . . I might be uttering words under my breath, but I will have a smile on my face!!! haaa haaa). I have noticed though that when Clint is sick, he can not do ANYthing for AT least two to three days. Now, when a Mom is sick, we have that brief moment when the kids are watching a movie, or taking a nap, or even those small moments where they are playing and no one is killing each other. In those moments is when we have to throw up, take our temperature, get warmed up from the chills, take some medicine, and lay down for the remainding moments we have to spare. then it is back to "MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM" "MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM, I need you!!!" "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOMMM". "Can you hear me??? I need you REALLY bad!!!! MMMMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM" So you muster up all your strength you have to get out of bed to get the kids a snack, pick up the mess that happened in your "moment" that your guard went down (you know when you had the bathroom door locked trying to throw up while they were knocking on the door saying "what is that noise?" . . . . yeah that moment!!!), give the kids bathes, feed the cat and dog, empty the dishwasher, scrub off the toothpaste off the bathrrom sink (how is it that kids ALWAYS smear toothpaste on the sink . . . but yet NO ONE saw JUST who did it???), throw a load of laundry in the washer, pack lunches, lay out clothes for school the next day, and if there is no energy left by then . . . order a pizza for supper. After all . . . . there is no sick day for a Mom. So how is it that when my husband is sick he gets to lay in bed the whole day, watch tv, nap, and have me bring him anything he needs when he ask for it. HHHMMMMM . . .. I think I need to rethink things. How can I get a vacation day scheduled around here? Anyone know how to go about doing this? Who do I call? Anyone have the number? Can I get a "fill in" for the day that answers to "Mom", "Mommy", and "Momma"? I would take one of these "vacation days" every now and then. Shoot, a sick day would have helped these past two months around here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!