Thursday, July 23, 2009

I do ...

June 27th, 2007 I was just reading a bulletin that a family friend of ours posted. It was a quiz on their wedding. It made me really think back to mine. My wedding day was the most perfect day of my life. Actually, since the moment I met Clint . . . everything has been a dream come true. As most of you know, Clint and I met at a bar. He was a DJ and a friend dared me to go to the DJ booth and kiss him. A few beers later . . . I excepted the dare . We had our first date on September 30 of 1998. Yeah, in between there, Clint broke my heart and dumped me , but he soon realized he could not live without me *giggle*. Both of our leases were up in our apartments in November of 1999. I had been looking for a place to live, when one evening Clint said . . . "why don't we just move in together"? So we did and the lives of Clint and Jill began right then and there. Clint proposed on Super Bowl Sunday. A group of our friends were down stairs before the party, and as I came down the staris . . . Clint was on one knee holding a red rose with roses all over the living room, candles lit with a ring in his hand. I began to cry right then and there. "Holy Shit" came out of my mouth. I knew the moment was coming, but I never dreamed it would have been at a Super Bowl Party in front of all of our friends. It was a moment that I will NEVER forget! Even though a million little things went wrong with my "big day" it was the moment that I had dreamed of since I was a little girl. What all went wrong you ask? My cake topper - the grooms head fell off, Jon Dunbar's name was spelled wrong in the program, a HUGE fight broke out between the groomsmen (ER visit and all), my dress was TOO long when I got it on at the church, my cat shredded my veil with his claws, I forgot the money to pay for the church, my car ran out of gas on the interstate when my sister was driving it, there were not enough balloons so my Dad sent Casey to go get some and he came back with yellow (my colors were navy blue and maroon . .. and ended up with a splash of yellow), I bought 11 pairs of shoes to go with my wedding dress and NONE of them fit, one of the groomsmen left the tux shop with the wrong style of tux, the groomsmen were an hour late for pictures, my photographer only took ONE picture of just me and Clint (never clued into it until the wedding was done and over with), my sister drank all of my bottle of champaign , it rained the WHOLE day and the bottom of my dress was FULL of mud, the glasses we toasted with shattered . . I could keep going on! But what I am trying to get at is, that no matter what went wrong . . . it was the most special day in my life (next to my kids being born). We had a huge wedding! We had 5 bridemaids (Janet, Hilary, Miranda, Becky, and Michelle) that wore beautiful navy blue long dresses. 5 groomsmen (Ryan, Jon, Steve, Eric, and Casey) dressed in black tuxes with a hint of maroon on their vest. We had two flower girls and a ring bareer. Three ushers, (Randy, Jeremy, and Jody) whom looked so sharp in their tuxes! Lisa and Abby lite the candles in the most amazing dresses that I could have ever found! Right before it was time for me to walk down the isle, my Dad looked at my sister and I and told us how beautiful we looked (melted my heart right then and there ). A very pregnant Rachel helped me get perfect (train and veil) as I headed down the isle. I remember seeing Clint for the first time as I walked down the isle on my Daddy's arm. The way he looked at me is forever in my heart. As I got up to the alter, he whispered "you look beautiful". I remember everytime I was getting ready to cry, I would glance over to Ryan and Jon and they would wink at me and smile. It was my dream come true ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!