Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Sissy ...

July 23, 2007 I still remember the day Breeanna was born on July 23rd 2001, at 8:32 pm. Clint & I were so happy after 26 LONG hours of labor, when the nurse finally put her into our arms after an emergency c-section. We took millions of pictures of her from the moment she was born. (the other two kids do not have nearly as many pictures I have to admit ). Everything was new for her, from the crib, changing table, dresser, diaper bag & enough clothes for a set of triplets. Two weeks before Breeanna was born, my Mom came up for the evening & helped me get the room perfect for my first born. I remember how special that evening was for me & my Mom. It is a memory that I will hold in my heart forever. Everything was perfect in Breeanna's room the day we brought her home, nothing was out of place. She had a special pink blankie that she HAD to sleep with. Come bed time, if that blankie was missing . . . Clint & I were scrambling the whole house to find it . And now, 6 years later, she still sleeps with her special pink blankie. She did not walk until 1 week before I delivered Harleigh. In fact, she took her first steps @ Delynne's house . . . I did not even see them. But when I walked into Delynne's house after a day at work . . . Delynne told me that she had a special surprise for me. Here came Breeanna tootin along walking towards me . Words can not descibe that moment. I do not think I have EVER done anything as hard as when I dropped her off to school for the first time, last year @ kindergarten. I cried for 2 weeks straight. The first day of school, when they called her name in the gym, she looked @ me & said "Now I can go?". I nodded through all the tears that I was trying to hold back & she was off. She never looked back. She was MUCH braver than I was that day! Even though Harleigh and Eythen are with me throughout the day, when she is off @ school . . . something is missing in the house. I am always so happy to see that 3:00 was getting closer so I can see her smiling face again. She is such a big help with everything. She has shown Harleigh & Eythen all sorts of things. She has always been a helper & a leader. I honestly don't know how I could have raised my younger two without her !!! They are so lucky to have Breeanna as a big sister. Even when she was little, she was always full of ideas. Her powerful little mind has never taken a break. She has always wanted to know about everything. And the questions - oh my - they still have not stopped. She is as smart as they come. Her memory is so amazing. . . . nothing gets by her. Clint and I fell in love with Breeanna the day she was born. She made our heart smile. She will always be a part of us, and we will be a part of her. She was perfect the day she was born . . . & she is just as perfect now - 6 years later! So today Clint and I wish our 6 year old a very Happy Birthday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!