Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can we go to this house?


November 6th, 2007


So, last week was Halloween. The girls had been asking day after day after day after day after day after day (this part of the blog may take awhile) after day after day after day . . . when was it finally time to go trick or treating. Needless to say . . . I could wait!


What were they were going to be was a LONG drawn out process!!! I am not sure how many costumes we went through . . . (Yes we have some new things to add to the dress up box!) until we FINALLY made up our minds. Ok, well actually . . . Clint and I told them that there is no more changing their minds. The last outfit we bought them . . . that was what they were going to be. Breeanna was Minnie Mouse, Harleigh was Snow White and Eythen was a train conductor (he is obsessed with Thomas the Train).



This was the first year since we had kids, that we did not have a stroller with us. It was kind of heart breaking . . . but at the same time it was rewarding to watch them walk up to the doors by themselves as we stood at the end of the driveway. Eythen TRUELY got the full effect of trick or treating this year. He understood to ring the door bell and say trick or treat. He knew the faster he got away from one house, the sooner he could get to another and get some more candy. The first 5 or 6 houses . . . he would have to come running back at us full speed ahead and tell us what kind of candy he got. THEN he would have to sit the bucket down on the ground and count how many pieces he got. He was really living it up! Towards the end of the evening . . . we would be holding his hand to walk him to the next house and his little hand would start to shake from excitement the closer we would get to the driveway. He would try to slide his hand out of our grasp the closer we got. When either Clint or I would finally let go . . he would look at us and say "You stay there . . . I go there." (and he would point to the door). Oh our kids . . . priceless!!!



I think when each of our kids turned 3, was when they really realized what to do. I remember Harleigh telling someone "I don't like that . . . . but I do like that." I remember Breeanna saying "Happy Halloween . . . thank you" before they could even get the door fully open. Each year brings new memories, but I think when each of them turned 3 will be my fondest memories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!