Thursday, July 23, 2009

5 whole fingers ...

November 1, 2007 5 whole fingers . . . Current mood: chipper I can not put my finger on it . . . it just does not make sense . . . I try to make it stop . . . where does it dissappear to??? When did my baby girl turn into a lil' lady??? Last Monday, my middle child, turned 5. She is officially one whole hand (all 5 little cubby fingers). Harleigh Bug was born on October 22nd at 7:20 am by a scheduled c-section. From the moment she was born, she was a cuddler. To this day . . . she still is. She gives out more hugs and kisses at any point in time of the day than any of my other kids. She says the funniest things, has priceless facial expressions, goes with the flow without a care in the world, and is as cute as a button. The day I found out I was pregnant with you, I could not hold back my excitement. I found out at work and told everyone before I even told your Daddy. Lucky for you ... Breeanna "broke us in" . . . so we knew what to expect. Well, for the most part ! You cried all the time if you did not have it your way. You did not sleep through the night until you was nearly a year old and HAD to be swaddled in your blanket at all times. Harleigh, you are such a pleasure and joy to be around, a one-of-a-kind kid. You roll with the punches . . . even when your older sister is the one throwing them. You have this natural talent for understanding others and for caring about them. You know, Harleigh, it was hard keeping up with you when you were little. You kept us so busy . . . it was not easy to remember to buy film or charge up the video camera battery. But I cherish every moment in time that I do have of you. That is why I love you, kiddo . . even though I am sure you felt squeezed between the other two or lost in the shuffle, you have never let it bother you. You are my content child. You are the peace maker in the crew. When your brother and sister tease each other and you are in the middle, you keep your cool and do not make the situation worse. Now, you have had your wild moments. There have been times that you have done the opposite of what Daddy and I told you to do (like our first trip to the mall with you . . . ugh ). But we were lucky because that phase did not last long with you. It is a part of growing up . . . and you are doing a great job at it. I fell in love with you the day you were born. You were my special middle baby girl who made my heart smile. You will always be a part of me, and I will always be a part of you. There is no one like you, my happy middle child, and I love you. Happy 5th Birthday Bugs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!