Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another year older ...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007


Well, I am learning to embarace my thirties completely. I did not want to turn thirty I wanted to remain in my twenties. Twenties meant that I was still youthful. Thirties meant that I was no longer . . . well . . . . no longer young. But I have learned that this is so untrue. I am still as silly, fun loving, crazy, snort when I laugh girl that I was when I was twenty. But now that I am thirty, I can be those things as an "adult" (lol) After all . . . a good friend told me that 30 is the new 21!!!


I have to say though, that I have learned alot over the past year. There are two big things that I have learned over this past year that I think are huge stepping stones into "adulthood". I have learned so much about my marriage and friendship. Two big things in someones life. Right???


Friendship . . . as one gets older you do not have all those "bestfriend" that you had in higschool and junior high. You know what I mean . . . every week you added someone else to your "bestfriend" list. In college you had you party girls and could never imagine life without them. As the years went on, so did peoples lives; kids came into the picture, careers took charge, everyone moved in different directions. Before you knew it, you were keeping in touch once a year with a Christmas card. Basically, there just comes a point in your life that you get tired of chasing everyone and trying to fix everything. But it is not giving up . . . it is realizing that you don't need certain people and the drama that they bring. So laugh when you can, apologize when you should and let go of what you can not change.


Marriage . . . no one told me that it would be so much work. Clint and I have been together for 9 years this September 30th and married for 7 this September 23rd. We have pushed one anothers buttons daily for the past 9 years. But somehow some way over this past year, with us picking up our family and moving . . . we have became closer than I ever thought possibe. He makes me smile all over again. I get the goose bumps when he holds my hand. I smile just by simply thinking about him. He is my soul mate and I can not imagine life without him. Clint and I have found each other all over again and I will never let go of this feeling that I have in the pit of my stomach for him. He is . . . . he is simply wonderful. I love him with all my heart. He is the reason I draw those silly hearts on my paper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!