Thursday, July 23, 2009

And she is off ...

Ok ... I am getting closer and closer and closer to getting all of my old blogs brought over to this blog site. I really wish there was a way I could back date everything ... but I can't. This one happened on: August 24th, 2007 She did it! She passed! She got in! I am SO proud of her! She had to get a 10, but she got a 16 out of 18! Way to go Harleigh! Maybe I should back up a bit, so you know why Clint and I are jumping for joy! Harleigh attended preschool when she was 2 1/2 when we lived in Emporia. Breeanna attended the same building, but were in different classes. Then when we moved here, we sent her to a preschool in Lawrence that was just 2 days a week . . . that wound up being a disaster do to the way the preschool was ran, so in December we pulled her out and kept her at home with me these 7 months. I knew that there was a preschool in the Eudora school district . . .that was FREE! But it was EXTREMLY hard to get into. It was first come first "serve". If you were one of the first to call and get on the list . . . (which they began to except calls on August 1st) . . . (which I was up at 7 am bound and determined to be one of the first callers)! Then they would call you back and have your child come in to take a test to see if they could get into the program. Last Friday Harleigh took her test. I was SO nervous I thought I was going to throw up. I knew she needed to be in a preschool so badly, but this was the only option that we had. So when they called me into the room to give me the "decision" I had to hold back from jumping up and down screaming for joy. She got in with NO problem. She got 16 out of 18 points . . . and she ony needed a 10. So after my excitement of calling Clint and screaming through the phone "SHE GOT IN!!!" We took her to buy a new book bag, school clothes and some new bows and shoes for her big "debut". Then on this past Wednesday at noon, I dropped my little 4 year old off on her first day of preschool. I did not even really have time to have the tears fall . . . the second the teachers opened the preschool doors, she looked at me and said "Can I go?". And she was off . . . without a second though . . . her and her Dora bookbag took off running through those big doors for new excitment, bus rides, learning, new friends, adventures and the beginning of her school years. I have to admit that the house is not the same in the afternoon. It was not the same without Breeanna during the day and now I feel like I am "off" without Harleigh now at school as well in the afternoon. What am I going to do once Harleigh is in kindergarten all day . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!