Sunday, April 1, 2012

On the Eve of the National Championship ...

Holy shit balls!!!


KU made it to the National Championship game.


NEVER in a BA-ZILLION years did I EVER think this was going to happen during the 2011 - 2012 basketball season.  NEVER.

The final two teams will meet tomorrow evening for a show down like nothing else.


And. I. Am. Terrified.


I am pretty sure I had a mild heart attack during the game last night against Ohio.

All of us were sitting outside watching the game ... and with 6 minutes left of the FIRST HALF ... I got pissed off and went inside.

Yes ... I threw a bit of a fit ... a wee bit too early.

As I was wallowing in my own self pity ... I suddenly realized that when we played on Sunday last week ... I showered RIGHT BEFORE THE GAME.

Like ... MINUTES before the game started.

That MUST be why we were loosing.

Had. To. Be.

So I darted upstairs ... took a shower ... and put all my aggression into a deep conditioning treatment.


Needless to say ... that shower saved the day because WE FREAKING WON!!!


You are welcome fellow KU fans.


So ... here we are ... on the Eve of the National Championship Game and I am so nervous I think I could pee my pants.


Now if we could all bow our heads and pray ...

Our Father ...

Who art in Lawrence ... 

Hallowed be thy Game.


Thy tourney come ... 


Thy championship will be done ... 


In New Orleans as it is in Allen Field House.


Give us this day our deserved National Championship. 


And forgive us our turnovers ... 


As we forgive Roy who double-crossed against us.


And lead us not into defeat ... 


But deliver us from Kentucky bias ...


For Kansas is the basketball kingdom ... 


And the tradition ... 


And the glory ... 


For ever and ever.


Amen.
 
P.S.  You can bet your bottom dollar that we will be eating Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner Monday evening. Not that chicken has anything to do with Kentucky ... but we are gonna roll with it anyways and hope that it still brings up good luck.

Please take a moment and vote for my blog.  One click a day is all it takes!  Rock Chalk!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!