Thursday, March 15, 2012

A little bit of heaven ...

I am not a baker.  I really do not care to make desserts.  Besides cookies dough that you can tear apart from the cooler section at the grocery store ... I just do not care to do it that often.


It IS my sisters cup-of-tea ... and she is good at it.  So I normally just reep the benefits of her talent.


But ... I do try to make some yummy goodness every now and then.

There are a few things that the recipe must entail in order for me to even wanna attempt to bake a dessert ...


1.  The picture has to look well worth my time.


2.  There can not be a ba-zillion steps in the recipe.


3.  There can not be a ba-zillion ingredients in the recipe.


So when I came across this yummy bit of goodness ... I decided to try it.

Mommy's Yummy Oats
(My middle daughter decided to name them ...
so I am went with it)


Ingredients:

•2 cups sugar

•1/4 cup margarine

•1/2 cup milk

•1 cup peanut butter

•1 teaspoon vanilla

•3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)

Directions:

1.  In large saucepan, mix sugar, margarine, and milk.
Bring to a full, rolling boil over med heat.
2.  Boil for one minute ... stirring constantly.

3.  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla ...
Stirring until peanut butter is melted ...
Stir in oats.

4.  Working quickly ...
Srop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper covered newspaper.



If you have children that eat sweets like they are going out of style ... you might wanna double the recipe.  It does not make that many.  They will be gone in 24 hours between my 3 human garbage disposal and husband that eats anything that you put in front of him
Wait!!!  Before you head off to the grocery store to buy the ingredients to make this yummy goodness ... click on the link below and vote for my blog.  A special shout out to My soul is the sky for the yummy recipe.
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!