Sunday, December 11, 2011

There is no Santa?!?!?

I have been doing everything possible to try to have one more year where Harleigh still believes in Santa.  I know I am on borrowed time.  Last year Breeanna realized that it was really Mommy and Daddy playing Santa on Christmas morning ... and I really do not want Harleigh to loose the "magic" just yet.

So ... I have been doing everything in my Mommy powers to keep the innoncence alive in her sweet little heart and mind.

Which means ... that I might do some of the stupidest and most random things at any given moment ...

Harleigh, Breeanna and I were watching a Christmas movie Saturday afternoon.

Suddenly the Dad in the movie starts talking to the child about Santa.

CRAP!!!

I thought this was a kid friendly movie!?!?!

What the hell?!?!?!

Is this dude gonna say that there is no Santa???

*panic runs through my body*

*the blood rushes to my head*

Guy on TV: Santa?

Kid on TV:  Yeah!  I want Santa to bring me a bike for Christmas.

Guy on TV:  You need to know the truth about Santa.

SHIT!!!

*scrambling for the remote*

Where is the STUPID REMOTE???

I suddenly realize that I have to do something QUICK!!!

Suddenly I start screaming out the most random words.

Me:  DINOSAUR!  GHOST!  MILK!  SPAGHETTI!  ROAD KILL!  NAIL POLISH!  UNDERWARE!

*Breeanna is laughing at me because she totally gets what I am trying to cover up*

*Harleigh has a dumb founded look on her face while staring at me*

ME:  LIGHT BULB!  BURP!  TOE NAIL!  HAIR SPRAY!  GUMMY BEARS!  MILKSHAKE!

*movie goes to a commercial*

* I search for the remote*

* turn station to the Disney channel*

*avoid making eye contact with Harleigh while she keeps asking me why was I screaming out weird words*

See!!!  Like I said ... I have been doing some of the most random things to try to get one more year out of this Santa bit.

Merry Christmas a wee-bit early.  Click on the link below ... and vote for my blog.
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!