Wednesday, March 30, 2011

St. Patrick's Day ... 2 weeks late ...

Normally ... my Mom's Spring Break falls on the same week as my kiddos Spring Break.

They have been the same since Breeanna entered kindergarten 5 years ago.

And for the past 5 years ... my kiddos have went down to visit Grammy J. and Papa Gene during Spring Break.

They kids got to have some "special time" during Spring Break ...

My parents got to "loose their mind" during Spring Break ...

And I got some "me time" during Spring Break!!!

It was a win win situation for all of us.

Until this year ...

My kiddos Spring Break was the week of the 17th ...

And my Mom's was the week after.

Anyways ...

My Mom has started this little "tradition" on St. Patrick's Day with my kiddos.

Every year the kids set out some "gold" ...

And one year they even made a "trap" ...

In hopes of a leperchaun stopping by to leave them something.

Normally the leperchaun has left them "gold" (aka: cholocate in gold wrappers), "gold necklaces" (aka: gold beaded necklace from the $1.00 store), pennies and he has even left a leperchaun cake in the past.

Yeah ... pretty thoughtful leperchaun!!!

This year ... the kids were at home ... and I had NO IDEA that they were trying to score some more goodies from the leperchaun ...

Until 9:30 at night ...

When I heard Eythen say, "I sure hope the leperchaun likes the gold I left him!"

SH*T!!!

"Where did you leave the gold this year Eythen?"

"I put some pennies outside for him to see.  They are all of my pennies.  The girls wanted to keep theirs ... so I told them that the leperchaun could have mine.  Harleigh made him a ladder so he can reach the pennies."

I quickly put the kids to bed.

Notified Clint that we had to come up with some "treasure" ASAP!!!

Two minutes later I go outside ...

And this is what I find ...



At least Harleigh informed the leperchaun what to do once he got to the handmade ladder.  Other wise he may never have known what to do!!!


Eythen left 3 gold pennies for the leperchaun.

One for himself ...

One for Harleigh ...

And one for Breeanna.


Good thing the gas station is open 24 hours in Eudora!!!

Otherwise the leperchaun might not have been able to leave anything.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!