Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July ...

Happy 4th of July! 

This year ... the cul-de-sac that we live on decided to have a huge bash. 

Well ... a better way to put it is ... Clint and his "grown-up frat boy friends" decided to have a big shin-dig.

Yes ... in case you are wondering ... that is what I call each and every one of them.  God love them.  We could not have a better group of people to live next to.  They are all a hoot ... but ... they are "grown-up frat boy's". 

Now, Clint does not have my organization skills or party planning ablilities ...
BUT ... most people don't.  It is not something that just EVERYONE has the ability to do.  I mean ... come on ... no everyone can put together parties like I can.  Let's just be real and admit it now.  

BUT the guy (plus his "grown-up frat boy's") did put together one good time and Clint smoked some AMAZING meat for the event. 

Needless to say ... the rain fell and fell and fell and poored and poored and poored and drinched and drinched and drinched the town of Eudora.  It did put a bit of a damper on the fireworks.  But on a lighter note ... it did not effect the drinking abilities of any of the adults.  Rest assure ... the alcohol was still able to be consumed even when the town was in a severe thunderstorm watch. 

WHEW!!!  Good thing!!!  The world might have caught on fire at any given moment if the beer, margaritas and summer brew had to be put down in order to take cover for a storm.  MAN!!!  We TOTALLY avoided a major catastrophe.  You can thank Whispering Meadow Court for saving the world this past 4th of July.

Your welcome!!!


This little Harleigh Bug was as wet as wet could be.  But she sure is a cute little wet bug!  I just wanna spread her on a cracker and eat her up.  *munch*  *munch*  *munch*


Even though it was pooring down rain ... Harleigh found her own little bit of fun.  She took that scooter up and down the street ... up and down the street ... up and down the street ... up and down the street ... seeing how high she could make the puddles splash up.


I do not think you could get much cuter than this?!?!?


I am 110% sure that  Eythen was the FIRST kid to take off and run out into the POORING rain once it began to fall.  There is not a DOUBT in my mind that Eythen led the pack of children.  Once he took off ... every other parent that was "trying" to tell their kidsto stay in the garage ... could no longer compete with Eythen dancing in the rain.


This was about the time that Eythen told me that this was his BEST 4th of July EVER.  Playing in the rain ... was better than fireworks!  Shoot ... who needs to spend hundreds of dollars on fireworks next year?!?!?  Not me ... I am gonna do the rain dance and pray for rain ... and pocket the money!!!


I can not tell you how many times I looked at this little girl throughout the day ... and thought to myself:  Not to self ... In 2 years there is NO WAY that she is allowed her to wear this small of a bikini.  8 going on 18 ... I gotta keep the boys away somehow!!!

I am pretty sure if Clint would have noticed the zillion little boys that kept flocking to Breeanna ... he would have told her to go put on a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt this past 4th of July.

Just sayin ... I think we might be in trouble in a year or two ...


This was about the time that our neighbor decided to push the top of the tent to release some of the pressure from all of the rain building up on it.  Well ... what seemed like BUCKETS of water fell as he pushed the water off the top of the tent ... Breeanna just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.


I got one shot of all 3 of my kiddos out in the rain.   
The girls were completely wet from being in the pool ... THEN played in the rain ... THEN went and got their umbrellas ... AND THEN put on their raincoats.  Ass backwards ... I know ... but who was I to spoil the 4th of July fun?!?!?!


When you can no longer shoot off fireworks ... I guess you go out in the rain and join the kids.  At least that was what Clint ... and some other fellow "had a tad bit to much beer" men decided to do. 


Let me set up this photo for you ...
It is POURING down rain ... 4 guys are standing out in the rain ... drinking their beer ... and a cute little 7 year old is trying to get her Daddy's attention.  If you look closely to the photo ... you will notice that not one of the guys are even noticing that Harleigh keeps saying, "Daddy" ... "Daddy" ... "Daddy".  I guess whatever the conversation was ... was pretty darn intense.  haa ha

In case you are wondering where I was duing this 4th of July down poor.  I was nice and "some what" dry underneath a tent in our driveway.  I was just as happy drinking my (high doses of tequila) margarita in the few dry areas that were on the Whispering Meadows cul-de-sac 4th of July bash.  Unfortunately ... when your husband has had a few to many beers ... and he sees his wife all nice and dry ... while it is POORING down rain ... the wife does not stay dry very long.  I will just leave it at that ... you can only imagine what happened to me.  Let's just say ... I was not longer dry ... and had to go in and put on some dry clothing.

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy 4th of July.  We did complete the evening with all 10 fingers and 10 toes.  Another ER visit avoided.  Woot!  Woot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!