Thursday, July 23, 2009

I don't think I am going to kindergarten yet ...

This is another older blog that I wrote on my myspace account. I will eventually get them all over to this blog spot ... but unfortunately, they are all out of wack by date now.
This was dated:
May 25th 2008
Last Wednesday, my 5 year old little girl, got off the bus and came walking up to me with a sad face. I wrapped her up in my arms and starting chanting "your in kindergarten . . . your in kindergarten". She looked at me and said, "I do not think I am going to go to kindergarten yet." Wiggled her way out of my arms and walked to the car.
Huh??? Well, truthfully it would be ok with me if Harleigh (aka "Bugs") stayed home with me. I have gotten SO use to having her home with me part of the day since I have became a SAHM that I am truely going to be crushed when she walks through those kindergarten doors on August 14th at 8:03 am. But . . . she has been in preschool since she was 2 1/2, went to 3 different preschools, stole the hearts of each teacher she has had, made great friends, and learned more than I ever thought possible . . . so I know she is more than ready for kindergarten.
Anyhow . . . Harleigh decided that she was going to stay home with me part of the day and then go to preschool, instead of going off to kindergarten. Her preschool teachers hugged her as she was leaving the preschool classroom on the last day of school and told her that they were going to miss her and they did not know what they were going to do without her in their class. Well, to top it off . . . I had been saying that I was going to miss my little Harleigh Bug and I was going to be lost without her during the day. So, Harleigh informed Clint and I that since her preschool teachers were going to miss her and I was going to miss her that she better just stay in preschool. Haa Haa . . . what a sweetie pie.
Needless to say, I took her to Target that evening with me and we saw "the perfect kindergaten bookbag" so we bought it right then and there and she is ready to go to kindergarten again. She is going to learn so much in kindergarten and have so much fun. I will miss her terribly, but will be just that much more excited to see her smiling face come running to me as she gets off the bus. She is already so darn smart, witty, great personality, good friend, loves to share and all around cool kid . . . kindergarten is only going to make her shine that much more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!