Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Saturday off ...

This is the FIRST Saturday ...

Since the SECOND weekend in SEPTEMBER ...

That I do not have to drive to my son's football game and sit on hard bleachers.

That I do not have to drive to my daughter's gymnastic meet and sit on hard bleachers.

That I do not have to drive to my daughter's volleyball game and sit on hard bleachers.

That I do not have to drive to my daughter's traveling basketball tournaments and sit on hard bleachers.

That I do not have to drive to my daughter's dance competition and sit in comfy seats for the entire day.

That I do not have to drive to my son's rec basketball game and sit on hard bleachers. (Ok ... so this drive is all of 2 minutes ... but the bleachers still suck.)

That I do not have to drive to my daughter's rec basketball game and sit on hard bleachers.  (Yeah yeah yeah ... 2 minute drive on this one as well ... but steel bleachers kill my ass hiney.)

Yep ... I have THREE WHOLE SATURDAYS with NO WHERE to be ...

That is until soccer season starts in three weeks and then two weeks after that baseball season starts and one week after that we have a dance competition.

BUT ...

For the next THREE Saturdays I have informed the children NOT to wake up their Mommy unless the house is on fire.  Then ... and ONLY THEN ... are they allowed to open my door and wake me up.

In three Saturdays I will go back to the early Saturday mornings ... being my child's biggest cheerleader.  I will be the gatorade holder.  I will be the uniform washer.  I will be the cut knee mender.  I will be the parent rushing the field out of pure excitement when my son scores a goal.  I will be the parent standing up screaming my daughters names as they walk off the stage after they just danced their heart out.  I will be the parent jumping up and down when my son hits a home run.

I will be the proudest parent in 3 weeks.

But for now ... I am sleeping in.

Please take a moment and vote for my blog.  One little click is all it takes ... one click a day ... and you will be my bestfriend forever.  *pinky promise*
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!