Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nope ... No Christmas cards this year ...

Do not even bother looking in your mailbox this year. Nope ... it is not gonna happen. I did not do my normal 120 plus Christmas cards this year. Yes ... I said 120 plus. Every year my Christmas card list gets a new address added to it ... or possibly two or three new addresses put on the list. Clint thinks I am flat out nuts ... and he just avoids the "Christmas Card Conversation" all together. If he avoids the issue ... then he does not have to know how much I spent on the cutest Christmas outfits for the kids to wear ... the hours spent saying "Smile" ... or "Look this way" ... or "Keep your hands to yourself" ... or "Open your eyes" ... or "Just one more photo" ... or "Say cheeseburger" in the attempt of getting one decent photo to mail out to everyone. Then comes printing up cute photo Christmas cards off of the WalGreens ... or Shutterfly ... or Snapfish website. Not to mention the amount of money that I pay at the post office for stamps. YIKES! Now that I think about it ... it is probably better he just leaves the annual Christmas cards to me. That way I am not rushing him to the ER after he sees the bank statement. Although ... this year ... I did not do them for a few reasons: 1. I ran out of freaking time. Did you know that there is only SIXTEEN days till Christmas?!?!? Literally ... Christmas is right around the corner. I think I need to make a U-Turn ... because I am NOT ready! 2. I do not wanna spend all the money to send out cards this year. Point blank. Momma wants a new pair of Uggs. 3. I was not in the "Fa La La La La" spirit. I tried to get into the "Fa La La La La" spirit with a large bottle of wine ... but I could not get the darn thing open. Now don't get me wrong. I was not in a "Ba-Hum-Bug" mood or anything like that. I was just not in the ... I need to address 120 plus Christmas cards ... lick 120 plus Christmas envelopes ... and pray that someone did not move and I get one of my own Christmas cards back in the mail with a big yellow sticker saying ... return to sender. That just blows when that happens. Basically ... I ran out of time. I really can not believe that Christmas snuck up on me like this. You figure I would clue into this by now. Every single year it is the samething. It is Halloween one minute ... then 30 seconds later it is Thanksgiving ... and before you can digest your meal ... it is Christmas. Christmas falls on the same date every single year. It never changes ... but I completely lost track of time this holiday season. I have not even finished my Christmas shopping! What the hell?!?!? *deep breath in* *deep breath out* *deep breath in* *deep breath out* It is a little bit over whelming I must admit. The crowds are enough to make me go into an instant panic attack. Everyone is all jolly and tis the season ... until you walk into Toy R Us at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon. Stupid people *check* Rude people *check* Children begging "Can I have that?" *check* Sing it with me now ... "It's begining to look alot like Christmas." That is about the time that I really begin to wish that Toys R Us had a drive through. I am such a planner ... I really am. I live by a time line ... and if someone interfers with my time line and causes the emergency brakes to be hit ... I freak the f*ck out. I am always ontop of my "Christmas game". I normally have all the gifts bought by July ... with the exception of the few toys that the kids change their minds on last minute ... or they see something on TV suddenly that they just HAVE to HAVE. Not this year ... nope ... not even close. *sigh* So ... let me break it down for you ... I am not doing Christmas cards this year. I have not bought all of the kids Christmas gifts yet. BUT ... my Christmas tree has been up since the second week in November. Does that count for something? It should! Good thing is ... the kids have not started to ask how come their are no presents under the tree. So I still have some time to get my game face on. Until that question is asked ... all is good. Right?!?!? On a side note ... I do not want all that much for Christmas this year. All I want is either a genie ... a fairy god mother ... or a magic wand to do all this darn laundry and dishes that seem to keep piling up on me ... every time I blink. Or I would settle for a taxi driver ... a time machine ... or again ... a magic wand to transport the children to their zillion activites that they are involved in each and every week. That right there ... is enough to qualify me as one fruitcake away ... from a Yuletide meltdown. *deep breath in* *deep breath out* *deep breath in* *deep breath out* If you are lucky enough to be on my Christmas card list ... check the mail in 365 days. The Moore Christmas card should be arriving around then. And to all a goodnight ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!