Friday, October 29, 2010

what did you do ???

Last week when Eythen got off the bus ... he hugged me ... as he always does ... and as I leaned down to kiss his cheek I noticed these two "spots" on his shirt.

Me:  Eythen ... what is on your shirt?

*Eythen glances down and quickly looks back up while shrugging his shoulders*

Me:  Are those holes in your brand new shirt?

Eythen:  I don't know.

Me:  Where they there the last time you wore the shirt?
*which was about a week prior* 
*Also ... I did not wash the shirt after he took it off the first time he wore it.  It was still clean ... so I just hung it back up in the closet.*

Eythen:  Yes. 

Me:  How did it happen?

Eythen:  I don't know.
*still shrugging his shoulders*

*suddenly it hits me*

Me:  EYTHEN!  Did you CUT your shirt at school?

Eythen:  Uhhhhh.  Ummmmm.
*not exactly making eye contact with me*

Me:  Eythen!

Eythen:  It was an accident.

Me:  So did you do it today ... or the first time you wore the shirt?

Eythen:  It was an accident.

Me:  Eythen!  Did you do it today ... or the first time you wore the shirt?

Eythen:  The first time.  But it was an accident.

Me:  Eythen!  Did you seriously take scissors to your BRAND NEW SHIRT?!?!?

Eythen:  Well ... I did not mean to.
*Eythen's famous saying when he did something wrong*

Me:  Eythen!  Why?

Eythen:  I don't know.

Me:  You have GOT to be kidding me.

Eythen:  I just wanted to know if scissors would cut my shirt.  Hey Mommy ... good new ... scissors will cut my shirt ... but it was just an accident.


Please note the writing on the shirt.
Pretty fitting for the situation.
I guess if the shirt fits ... wear it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!