Monday, February 22, 2010

Betty Crocker ...

Who does Betty Crocker think she is?  I know she is secretly judging me and making little critiques on a piece of paper right about now.  Shaking her head in disbelief.  Horrified that one Mom could screw up a cake so darn badly.  Geeze woman ... *sigh* 

I buy a simple cake mix to make for my family ... and disaster happens right before our very eyes.

It is suspose to be simple!  Right?  Wrong!  (Which is why I am a tad bit bitter with Betty Crocker at the moment.)  (Her and I are not the best of friends at this very moment.)

She has enough nerve to tell me to frost the cake after letting the cake "cool".  Uhhh ... what exactly does "cool" mean?  Have it sit there till I can touch the cake, without burning the tips of my fingers?  30 minutes after it comes out of the oven?  An hour?  Two hours?  After the kids ask if the cake is ready for the 189th time?  Right before your husband wants to put a fork into it to "make sure it taste ok"?  No where does she give me a time length or a temperature to go by.  I mean ... come on ... this is a disaster waiting to happen for me.  One false move ... one second to soon ... a tad bit too "warm" and not "cool" enough ... and this is what your cake will turn out like:  (obviously I did not guess the time alotted correctly)


Betty Crocker can stick it where the sun does not shine.  This Mom is sticking with cookies and cupcakes!

Just a side note ... This photo was not altered in anyway.  This is what a cake disaster actually looks like.  There were no children poisoned or injured during the baking of this cake.  There was just alot of laughing by a husband and bad words being said by a wife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!