Thursday, July 23, 2009

2nd grade already *sigh* ...


May 23rd, 2008




Well, on Wednesday at 3:03 p.m. my 6 year old daughter, Breeanna got off the bus as a 2nd grader. I am not sure where the time went . . . I was just dropping her off at her first day at preschool it seems. Shoot . . . that day I circled the block 3 times trying to see in the windows to make sure she was ok . . . haa haa.


What a good year it has been though. I can NOT believe everything a 1st grader is suspose to learn though. I sure did not learn all of this stuff in the 1st grade. I even caught myself second guessing my own answers on some of her homework at times! She learned to read with confidence! She even learned to add and subtract DOUBLE digits!!! Then of course there was telling time, science class, computer class, social studies (yes 1st graders have social studies), and everything else mixed into the year that made her smarter and smarter each and every day.


The first graders did some fun things as well. They went to an Apple Orchird in October, bowling in December, and Zonkers in May. In December the first graders made gingerbread houses and I was lucky enough to get the chance to be the parent that helped out with it. I had a great time with Breeanna and her kids. 1st graders are funny and hold nothing back . . . that is for sure. In May the first graders went to the Topeka Zoo . . . I also got to be one of the Moms that went with them to this. What an experience that was! I had a great bonding time with Breeanna . . . but lordy be, there were 1st graders everywhere!!! Wew . . . did I ever need a drink after that! haa haa


Clint and I are so proud of her! She is a good little girl and I smile every time I see her interact with another friend, adult, or social issue. And it must show at her school as well, because OUR little girl got student of the week at the Eudora School District. The kids are chosen from both elementary schools, middle school and the high school. Our baby girl is was the only the 1st grader that got it in the past 2 two years that have been doing it. So needless to say, we were very proud that she is a good citizen, student and friend at Nottingham Elementary. I guess Clint and I must be doing something right???!!!




I am still in shock that she is in 2nd grade. And yes, I am sure I will blink back some tears when I walk her into her 2nd grade classroom for the first time on August 12th. She is just growing up so darn fast! I wish I could make it slow down at times. In the mean time I am going to enjoy this summer with her at home each and every day!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you were here!!!